"J.J. Poonawala" is a successful professional practice in architecture and interior design for the past 20 years.
The large array of completed projects have been executed all over the country from Delhi, Goa, Ahmedabad, Indore, Pune, Kolkata, Vapi etc. Currently, international projects are ongoing in Dubai, Zambia and Tanzania.
Jehan-Ara Poonawala, Principal Architect (B.Arch., COA, IIA, IID) has led the team as an innovative conceptualists with a sharp eye for fresh approaches and cutting-edge design modalities. Collaborative brain-storming strategies have resulted in the use of the most current technologies and resulted in a steady stream of satisfied clients.
Currently encompasses a staff of over 30 members ranging from design professionals to site supervisors, administrative and accounts assistants.
- Large scale offices such as Konark-Bajaj Electricals 25000sqft and WaterDoc Systems to Arête Services 18000 sqft ; Prudent Insurance Brokers 12000sqft etc
- Medical Facilities – executive wing of the G.Piramal Hospital; Pathological laboratories for the Wellspring (Piramal Healthcare) group; Clinics for Dr. Phadke and Dr. Balsara ; Dr. Garg’s Eye Solutions Hospital, Iscan Medical Centre etc
- ‘A’ grade societies building lobbies in Mumbai like Rajat Apartments, Owners Court, Navjivan , Ajanta, Bakhtawar, Sett Minar, etc. AHUHA TOWERS – entire public areas were worked on
- Jewelry store for Tikamdas Motiram Jewelers
- Design of all common areas like clubhouse, lobbies, gym, party room, etc. for Ahuja Towers, Prabhadevi. Mumbai.
- Art Galleries - Gallery 7 at Kala Ghoda, Kayan Pandole Art Gallery
- Research Centre and Office building for Merrill LifeSciences, Vapi
- Offices , Stores, travel lounges - pan India – Flight Shop and Flight Centre
- Spas & salon- Nalini- of nalini-yasmin hair salon and spa; The Serene Room spa etc
- Have successfully completed over 75 residential projects specializing in cutting edge design. Meticulous attention has been given for correct finishes and practical but aesthetic blend of contemporary materials with emphasis on traditional crafts.
- The projects range from single occupancy dwellings to large family unit’s.
The projects span all over India and London and Dubai for areas varying from 1500-25,000 sq.ft. These have been completed within specified time frames and client approved budgets.
- The satisfied client list includes clients like the Kalpana Morparia, PMS Prasad, Bhilakhias, Sah and Sanghi, Cinevistaa Films, Eagle Films, John Fowler-MAHYCO, South Sea Distilleries, Fantasie Chocolates, Sudershan Chemicals, Gokaldas Hospitals, Armayesh International, the Camas, the Chinoys, Vaziranis, the Advanis, etc.
- Have focused on creating high caliber hospitality designs with boutique hotels as a niche market producing highly effective end products for the guest user.
- Have also designed and conceptualized Asia’s first Art-o-Tel , an art-boutique hotel in Mumbai
- Up coming 10,000sq.ft. Restaurant and banquet hall for The Grand Bhagwati group in Mumbai and Ahmedabad
- Furniture design for Enoteca Le Barrique, Restaurant in Florence, Italy as well as the
- First chocolate Lounge and prototype for Fantasie Chocolates.
- Currently, working on a chain of imported yoghurt stores – Smooch opening internationally.
- Have created a prototype design with brand standards for The “Ahuja Royale “an atypical business hotel with about 150 module based guestrooms, one restaurant, etc
- Have been appointed as Hospitality Design Consultants for The Malabar Hill Club to oversee all design and working drawings.
- Belvedere restaurant, Dar- Es- Salaam, Tanzania Gaylord Garden Café and Bakery. Currently designing their flagship restaurant in Mumbai and the Bakery store in Goa.
- Concept in progress for Mocambo restaurant, Kolkata
- Complete redesign and interiors of 5 star Mtoni Marine/Verde hotels resort in Zanzibar, Africa.
- Complete interiors for a 80 service apartment hotel for Neelkanth Group in Lusaka, Zambia.
- District Lounge, Mumbai and Terrace bar for Sahlimar Hotel, Mumbai.
- Upcoming bar & lounge at Opera House, Mumbai.
- Hotel Verde in Zanzibar, Africa.
- Community settlement of Row houses, Fumba Living, Zanzibar, Tanzania
- Completed a 6 villa luxury residence pilot scheme in Dahanu for South Sea Distilleries and currently designing 35 more for the scheme.
- Reconstruction of L’hotel Eden, Goa and Coco Goa Hotel, Goa
- Bungalow for Reyaz Mama, Camurlim, Goa
- Hotel Metropole, Ahmedabad
- Hotel White Leaf, Ahmedabad
- Dr. Garg’s Eye Solutions Hospital.
- Upcoming animal hospital facility for the Welfare of Stray Dogs, an NGO.
- 15,000sqft bungalow at Daman for Bilhakhia/Sayed family.
- Upcoming school for Bilhakhia/Sayed family.
- Merrill Medical research Centre at Vapi
- Craig Nealy Associates, New York, USA – Have liasoned with the firm for execution of a 10,000sq.ft. penthouse in Mumbai
- Studio A, Architecture & Design, Milan, Italy – Are producing and executing the Milan firm’s working drawings for 2 residential projects in Mumbai
- ACS, Architecture Construction Services, USA – Currently submitted proposals for 2 large- scale service apartment and hotel projects for which it was proposed that our firm would handle all subsequent work after the design and concept submissions right through till site hand-over.
- Azul arc Estimations, Atlanta, USA – Have set up an estimation services office for the flooring industry with focus on the carpet and vinyl sections. For this, training was undertaken for a new software called FloorRight.
- Total Integrated Design,(TID)Delhi/,Singapore – Have liasoned with the firm for various projects in Western India, namely 50,000 sq.ft. of corporate HQ of RNA Builders and corporate Guest House for Reliance Industries Hotel Mirador, etc.